Homemade Energy Bars
Here's a great and easy recipe for homemade energy bars. They're like Larabars, raw, vegan and gluten free. Great for traveling or a quick snack.
Homemade Energy Bars Recipe
About 6 bars
1.5 cups dates (or mix)
1 cup nuts (i.e. raw cashews, almonds, pecans, or mix)
Pinch of salt
- Pit the dates and place in a bowl.
- Turn the dates into a paste. I use a knife and cut them in small pieces. If you do it in a blender or food processor, the dates stick to the knifes.
- Place the nuts in a food processor, hand slicer or do it by hand with a sharp knife or cleaver. Process them but don't blend to a powder. The bars taste better with tiny pieces of nuts in them.
- Add the nuts to the dates and mix. This is easiest with your hands. Mix until fully combined.
- Take the doughy and make 2 long "snakes". Then flatten the top and edges with a wooden spoon. Cut each "square snake" into 3-4 pieces.
- You may wrap each one in baking paper (or plastic wrap). You can even put stickers on the wrap or draw on the paper to really surprise yourself, partner or kids.
- Store them in the fridge until ready to eat.
- They travel well, are a great afternoon snack and make happy kids if you put them in their lunch box.
This is just the basic recipe. Your variations are limitless. Mix dates with figs, apricots, dried apple, raisins, goji berries or try (a) different (combination) of nuts. It's also delicious with hemp seed or sesame seeds. Just make sure the proportions are bout 1,5 fruit and 1 nuts. Add vanilla, cinnamon, chocolate powder or lemon juice for extra delicious taste.
If you find making bars and wrapping them too much hassle. You can also just roll balls.
Flax Seed Recipes - Raw Crackers
Raw Diet Recipes - Mushroom Steak
How To Make Almond Milk
Home Remedies for Fruit Flies
How To Make Smoothies
Fruit Alphabetical List
Is Coconut A Fruit?
Get health secrets, recipes, blog and video updates by e-mail
This content on your website or in your E-zine? You can, as long as you include this: "Esme Stevens is the president of Raw Food Europe and has the number 1 website for starters of a raw food diet: thebestofrawfood.com."